Wishing everyone loads of fun for 2011! I hope everyone is home safely and recovering from a celebratory new year's eve.
image via hello-naomi
NEW STUFF for DIRTY LAUNDRY
• THE WASH, crafty girls come clean is coming back! Postings will be once a month - starting 1/13
• NEW Friday blog series: The Dirty. A weekly recap of my inspiration finds - starting 1/7
• NEW blog series: Gift giving 101. Gift giving tips and DIYs - starting 1/5
• cupcake bath fizzie of the month, featuring new and unique scents
• Dirty Laundry French macaron bath fizzies and meringue soap - coming soon
MY RESOLUTIONS for 2011
I read on Anne-Marie's blog that you should work on FOUR new habits for the entire year, choosing ONE per quarter.
"Research shows that if you repeat a behavior for 13 weeks - whether it is meditating for 20 minutes a day, flossing your teeth, or writing thank-you letters to your clients - it will be yours for life." -- Jack Canfield, The Success Principles
And to give yourself a better chance at success for your goals, they should be SMART:
Oh my... I have 11 resolutions! Ok, some of them are daily tasks while the garden is seasonal and the party is a one time thing. I think I can tackle two resolutions per quarter.
And... I already have some SMART tasks.
• SAVE MONEY: Two of my bills will be all paid off in February and April. I will use that money to pay another bill and put into savings.
• CUT BACK ON THE SUGAR. Desserts is my problem: Do not buy soy chai. Make my own from Costco (saving money). Can have as many as I want as long as I...
- no 2p mini candy bar snack time
- no after dinner dessert
Can have a homemade baked good once per weekend.
What are you going to work on this year?