Ya know, ever since I started this blog, three years and one month ago, I've NEVER taken a blog break. No weekneds off, no mini vacation... nothing! I've blogged nearly every other day, sometimes 2-3 times a day, sometimes EVERY day for all of this time.
image via Flickr
I'm letting go my insecurities of loosing my spot in the blog popularity race. I have great confidence that you guys will be here when I get back.
THE REASON FOR MY BREAK
1. You may remember in January my husband was in the hospital for a week. Since March he has been ill again (not hospitalized this time).
We've been meeting with doctors and specialists trying to get a diagnosis. It's been a lot to be a caregiver.
I definitely need to get some order in my life before things get too overwhelming.
3. I have some wonderful summer crafting events coming up starting in June. So I need to get my cupcake bath fizzie sweat shop going!
WHAT I WILL BE DOING
1. I will still be researching trends and keeping up with ALL of the blogs that I follow.
2. My Etsy shop WILL STAY OPEN!
The new spring cupcake bath fizzies are now available on my Etsy shop just in time for Mother's Day.
3. I planted garden last weekend!
I got a gril tool! Here is what I grilled yesterday.
I'll be continuing on fulfilling my new year's resolutions.
4. GIFT GIVING! Birthdays and other special events aren't going to stop because I'm on break. I'll be sure to take photos and document my givings for a gift giving 101 post.
WHEN WILL I BE BACK?
Memorial Day, May 30th, 2011.
Gosh, that seems SO FAR AWAY! However, I figured that Memorial Day is a marker for the beginning of summer and would be a great marker of my comeback.
I'll try my best not to look at my blog stats everyday to see if you're still checking in and reading old blog posts.
I'll see you soon!