At the end of June I participated in the two day Kansas City Maker Faire.
It was an event filled with makers, crafters, inventors, hackers, scientists and artists.
I made 500 cupcake bath fizzies for the event!
I NEVER made that many for ONE event before. But I had TONS of help!
• Shaun Duval - love and support, fizzie packaging, carrying my crap
• Amiir Warnsely - fizzie packaging
• Jennifer Snuggs - label fizzie boxes, 1 shift at the Faire
• Amanda Raymundo - food runner, 2 shifts at the Faire
• Teresa Leggard - 2 shifts at the Faire
• Tina Harris - surprise guest PR and pack up helper
I even made it in the KC Star newspaper as a headliner for the event!
I also amped up my display with a new cabinet piece that I bought from Urban Mining for only $33!
My husband put the foe crystal nobs on it for me to replace the gold rooster ones. But it already came with a cool "dirty" wash that went perfectly with Dirty Laundry!
The highlight of the Makers Faire for me was seeing Iron Man and the Bounty Hunters.
And across the way Base Star Projects were filimg animated portraits for a slow motion video.
The two day event was quite an experience. And it inspired me to write a three part blog post series on how to succeed at a craft show.
Stay tuned. A craft show tip blog post is NEXT!