I have resigned as a graphic designer for Hallmark Cards, Inc. and yesterday was my last day after six years and eight months of service.
Me and my 5-year Hallmark pin, August 2010.
TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF ME GOING FULL-TIME AS A SELF-EMPLOYED ENTREPRENEUR!
Hallmark was my 3rd job during my 13 year career as a professional graphic designer. And it's been the best job (besides my job as a Starbucks barista). After years of talk and months of planning I still can't believe that I've taken the leap out on my own!
There has been a lot of things have been going on here at Dirty Laundry.
• TrendBoost - still getting things moving on my new trend blog. But watch for more weekly posts and daily tweets soon!
• A new cupcake bath fizzie partnership with a skin care company in Singapore.
• Ric Rac Roundup craft show - June 3
• Sponsor of BLOG BUZZ BIZ - June 4
• Sponsor of West 18th Street Fashion show - June 9
• Dirty Laundry is a new member of The Artisian Group, providing handcrafted products to celebrities. My 1st project is to gift celebrity Trista Sutter of The Bachelorette, Season 2.
• Kansas City Maker Faire - June 23-24
• Publishing How to be a Craft Show Genius and How to Boost Your Biz with TrendBoost.
• Planning two exclusive shopping events for my group, the KC Blogger Meetup group.
• And more...
A L S O . . .
My husband and I are moving to Miami in August!
image via pinterest
Yes. We're taking the plunge to move to a place to better his professional DJ career (and live it up in the sun).
SO MANY THINGS TO DO! My plans on catching up with my 5000+ blog posts in Google Reader will have to wait.
Flowers from my co-workers on my last day of work.
I don't feel like I'm leaving my co-workers and Kansas City behind. There is FaceBook and this blog to keep us connected.
So stay tuned for my regular blog posts and MORE!