Great timing for me, because on Wednesday I was about to burst with frustration. My close family and friends know that I'm in a translational phase with my career and business. So there is A LOT going on behind the scenes. Seems like May is always a turning month for me (check out the makeover my May 2010 series I did inspired by Jess).
For me May is the jump off. January we're recovering from the holiday and making our goals for the year. February we're still in hibernation. March we get tied up in everyday life. April it starts to get nice out and we realised that three months has gone by and we need to get off the pot and start working on our goals. Then it's May. One month before summer starts and soon half the year will be over! So it's really time to get it in gear!
But I'll reveal in June all of the happenings.
I've already told you I'm childless by choice. So here goes: things I'm afraid to tell you.
1. I check my blog stats a lot. This year I backed off a lot. But I'm always wondering who's reading. Does anyone really care what I have to say? I see other blogs that have not so good design, ok photos and so-so content and they are way popular than me. I take classes and get advice to build my readership and I'm like, "I've already done or already doing that." I pout. But move on and keep on truckin'. People who aren't visiting my blog are just missing out, right?
2. I'm 1/2 extroverted and 1/2 introverted. I'm a performer. I've been since I was five. Ballet, band, cheerleading, dance squad. I know how to put on a show. I love teaching, speaking, being a Zumba instructor and being a group leader. However, I like one-on-one interactions rather than a big crowd. And after the Jeanee show is over I like to stay in my work cubicle or go home and chill with my husband and not go outside until I need food, water or soap.
3. I HATE when people misspell my name almost more than when it's mispronounced. Especially in an email when my name is RIGHT THERE for you to copy and paste! It's Jeanee Duval. One N, two E's and one L. I may not remember your name when I see your face, but I'll be sure to spell it right (especially if I'm publishing a blog post or article with your name in it).
4. Currently I'm overwhelmed. I've put SO MUCH on my plate and I just want to quit EVERYTHING. I just want to run away and disappear with my husband where no one knows us. But I'm too dedicated and loyal to ever just bounce, unannounced. I'd eventually be blogging, Tweeting and Instagraming under a new identity anyway!
5. People wonder how I get so much done. Well, I feel like I'm running in place. My to do list is endless. And I go nonstop from the moment I awake until I go to sleep.
6. No matter how much money I make I always stress out that I don't have enough, when in reality I always have more than what I need.
7. I suck my stomach in, all the time.
8. I hate my skin. I've dealt with acne and dark spots since my teenage years. From 2003-2005 I had a good stint of clear skin. But somehow after moving to Kansas City it's gone downhill. I wear makeup ALL of the time and embarrassed to even go to the grocery store with no makeup on. I constantly touch up my make up throughout the day. I'm forever getting makeup on things so none of my Apple product stay white. My keyboards are sorta cream colored. I have an eraser handy at work to erase my makeup finger prints off of paper. I barely do not wear some sort of makeup in front of my husband.
9. I don't home decorate and I don't really go clothes shopping.
I don't decorate our home because I'm always thinking I'm not going to stay there long. I make things neat and functional, hang a few photos and I'm done. I'm too busy to decorate and I'd rather spend the money on going out to eat. I laugh when reporters what to come photograph my home. I'm going to try to decorate more.
I don't like to clothes shop because, like my mom, I'm frugal. And once I find something I wear it to death. When I go clothes shopping I go for particular things to update my now neutral wardrobe. I wear the same pair of jeans almost every day. I have a pair of black sandals and a pair of brown. A pair of black boots and a pair of brown. I've never been a shoe whore. But I've learned from my mom how to remix my wardrobe well.
10. I'm sick and tired of being the only black person all of the time. It's 2012 people!!!
WHEW! Glad that's over. Happy Friday everyone :)