I've been on the Master Cleanse juice fast for seven days now to cleanse and rest my digestive system. And I'm planning to eat better and make more meals. Instead of eating I've been pinning food on Pinterest and I've come across A LOT of unique cauliflower recipes.
Is cauliflower beating out kale and avocado as the new food trend? Well, here are the benefits of eating cauliflower are:
1. It's a very good source of vitamin B and C.
2. Cauliflower contains high amounts of vitamin K and omega-3 fatty acids, which help decrease inflammation.
3. Cauliflower consumption is protective against heart diseases and cancer.
4. It can clean your digestive system and get rid of unnecessary substances.
5. Low in calories, it can aide in weight loss.
I've never cared for cauliflower. I always preferred broccoli. Cauliflower always seemed to have this funny taste to it. But I've been eating, and enjoying, it more when it's prepared for me in restaurants.
Here is THE DIRTY on my top five cauliflower recipes that I want to try at home.
2. Cauliflower Pizza - WHAT?!? I saw @sewpixie make her cauliflower pizza on Instagram. The cauliflower pizza crust looked like a delicious cheesy baked pizza before the sauce and toppings! This will be perfect for my gluten-free husband.
4. Cara's Crispy Orange Cauliflower - OMG! This looks SO GOOD! And it's vegan and gluten-free. It seems like a little work to make the battered cauliflower and then the orange sauce. But I'm sure it'll be worth it!
5. Cheesy Cauliflower Tater Tots - Tater tots out of cauliflower? You have to puré everything, them pipe the tots from a pastry bag to get the cute tot look.
I can't wait to try ALL of the cauliflower recipes!
Which ones will you try?
See my "eats" Pinterest board for more cauliflower and other food pins.